Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sanford Hospitals of Sioux Falls, SD built a new Luverne hospital, which required the completion of several smaller projects.
A sanitary sewer study was performed to review the capacity of the sanitary sewer interceptor that served the north end of Luverne. It was determined the interceptor sewers needed to be upsized to 18” and 15” sewer mains. This required removing and replacing 15 blocks of sanitary sewer main, curb and gutter and asphalt paving. New service lines were installed for homes along the project.
Increased traffic and turning movements off/on to US Highway 75 at the intersection of 131st Street was expected at the north end of Luverne. The Minnesota Department of Transportation required lowering the elevation of the intersection approximately 4’ to improve the site distance. Highway 75 was widened to add turn lanes for the increase hospital traffic. The Rock County Highway Department retained DGR to provide the design, plan preparation and construction staking for the project.
In the fall of 2015, the City selected DGR to reconstruct water mains, sanitary and storm sewer and pavement on Lincoln Street. DGR assisted the City in coordinating this major infrastructure overhaul in the heart of Hendricks. DGR worked with the City, businesses, the local school, the hospital and residents to provide this work with as little inconvenience as feasible. DGR also provided construction observation and administration to aid the City with record keeping and testing.
Hendricks Community Hospital added to their existing facility, which required the completion of several smaller projects in conjunction with the overall construction project.
The hospital facility addition design included City utility connections, accounting for the increased traffic on the local road system, excavation to accommodate the new addition, a storm water study to mitigate the additional impervious area created, a new heliport facility, as well as a mobile MRI parking bay.
The true test of the project was to combine all of these design challenges with a building design team and ownership group to coordinate and communicate the expectations and responsibilities for all the project stakeholders. All of these factors were navigated to culminate in an anticipated facility opening date of fall of 2015 for the Hendricks community.
DGR has performed the planning and design of multiple athletic tracks and sports complexes for several communities in the region. The competition facilities are used by little leaguers up to NAIA college events.
Track renovations include overlaying or replacing existing base pavement and drainage. Most tracks are finished with a striped polyurethane all-weather surface.
Tennis court construction varies between 2 or 4 courts with new fencing and surfacing. The courts are usually a reinforced concrete pavement covered with a multi-layer surface.
Baseball & softball diamond layouts include varying configurations that are fan friendly and maximize the use of available space and allow for proper drainage.
Soccer field complexes vary in layout and sizes to maximize the viewing of the variety of ages and playing abilities.
• Augustana University in Sioux Falls, SD
• Sioux Center, Dordt University
• Northwestern College, Orange City, IA Dordt College in Sioux Center, IA
• Hull, IA High School
• Sioux City, IA High School
• Sioux Center, IA Baseball Field Improvements
• Sioux Center, IA High School Track and Field Improvements
• Sioux Center, IA Soccer Field Improvements
• Sioux Center, IA Tennis Court Improvements
• Orange City, IA Track and Field Improvements
• Rock Rapids, IA Central Lyon Schools Track and Field Improvement
• City of Rock Rapids, IA Soccer Complex
• City of Rock Rapids, IA Baseball and Softball Complex
• Luverne, MN Schools
• Welcome, MN Schools
• Windom, MN Schools Tennis Facilities
• Bridgewater, SD Schools Track and Field
• Parkston, SD Schools Track and Field
• Woonsocket, SD Schools Track and Field
• Wagner, SD Schools Track and Field
• City of Sioux Falls, SD Burnside Park Baseball Fields
• Crooks, SD Field Improvements (volunteer)