Owatonna Public Utilities and Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
West Owatonna, MN
- Existing substation site was redesigned to meet the Owner’s current needs
- Complex construction sequence and a hands-on approach
- Emphasis was placed on coordination and communication to the parties involved throughout the project
- Collaborated with Owners, OPU and SMMPA, to identify project construction constraints and limitations
- Created an outage schedule/work plan to curb the overall complexity of the construction process
- Communicated the outage schedule to be on the same page as the contractors, testers, OPU and SMMPA
OPU needed expanded power transformer capacity to accommodate growing customer power needs at the West Owatonna substation, but faced contingency issues connecting into the substation’s 69 kV buses. To address this design limitation, DGR Engineering designed a joint 161 kV project with OPU and SMMPA, OPU’s power supplier.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.