Owatonna Public Utilities and Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
West Owatonna, MN
- Existing substation site was redesigned to meet the Owner’s current needs
- Complex construction sequence and a hands-on approach
- Emphasis was placed on coordination and communication to the parties involved throughout the project
- Collaborated with Owners, OPU and SMMPA, to identify project construction constraints and limitations
- Created an outage schedule/work plan to curb the overall complexity of the construction process
- Communicated the outage schedule to be on the same page as the contractors, testers, OPU and SMMPA
OPU needed expanded power transformer capacity to accommodate growing customer power needs at the West Owatonna substation, but faced contingency issues connecting into the substation’s 69 kV buses. To address this design limitation, DGR Engineering designed a joint 161 kV project with OPU and SMMPA, OPU’s power supplier.
- Electrical Power
Recreational Trail System
Two-phase, 3.16 mile recreational trail on the north and west side of Luverne.
City of Luverne, MN
The City of Sioux City needed a large diameter trunk sewer to carry flows from new residential development and future development on the east side of town to the existing Southeast Morningside Lift Station.
Sioux City, IA
Street Lighting Improvements
The City replaced the old lighting system with a modern LED based system to reduce operating cost. Decorative style lighting units were used, which enhanced the aesthetics of the downtown area, and match what had been utilized in other parts of the city.
Pump Station & Storage Reservoirs
The new Edgerton Pump Station (EPS) was constructed to facilitate bringing purchased water from Lewis & Clark Regional Water System (L&C) to the LPRW system.
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota