Owatonna Public Utilities and Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
West Owatonna, MN
- Existing substation site was redesigned to meet the Owner’s current needs
- Complex construction sequence and a hands-on approach
- Emphasis was placed on coordination and communication to the parties involved throughout the project
- Collaborated with Owners, OPU and SMMPA, to identify project construction constraints and limitations
- Created an outage schedule/work plan to curb the overall complexity of the construction process
- Communicated the outage schedule to be on the same page as the contractors, testers, OPU and SMMPA
OPU needed expanded power transformer capacity to accommodate growing customer power needs at the West Owatonna substation, but faced contingency issues connecting into the substation’s 69 kV buses. To address this design limitation, DGR Engineering designed a joint 161 kV project with OPU and SMMPA, OPU’s power supplier.
- Electrical Power
DGR engineers helped L&O Power Cooperative improve communications on its electric transmission system using existing transmission lines, fiber and underground fiber line.
Rock Rapids, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Due to concerns with the age and condition of the structures, along with safety clearances to energized equipment and conductors, a project was undertaken to replace the old infrastructure with new underground lines and associated padmount equipment.
Redwood Falls, MN
Street & Utility Improvements
Morningside Avenue was reconstructed totaling approximately 1,300 linear feet. The project included new sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer, fiber conduits, decorative street lighting, and 9-inch concrete paving with colored concrete sidewalks.
Sioux City, IA
Wastewater Treatment Facility
The new plant, rated for 5.3 million gallons per day (MGD) peak day, doubles the capacity of its predecessor.
Planning started with site plan design for the new facility to offer maximum exposure to traffic on Highway 75.
Rock Rapids, IA