Owatonna Public Utilities and Southern MN Municipal Power Agency
West Owatonna, MN
- Existing substation site was redesigned to meet the Owner’s current needs
- Complex construction sequence and a hands-on approach
- Emphasis was placed on coordination and communication to the parties involved throughout the project
- Collaborated with Owners, OPU and SMMPA, to identify project construction constraints and limitations
- Created an outage schedule/work plan to curb the overall complexity of the construction process
- Communicated the outage schedule to be on the same page as the contractors, testers, OPU and SMMPA
OPU needed expanded power transformer capacity to accommodate growing customer power needs at the West Owatonna substation, but faced contingency issues connecting into the substation’s 69 kV buses. To address this design limitation, DGR Engineering designed a joint 161 kV project with OPU and SMMPA, OPU’s power supplier.
- Electrical Power
New Water Treatment Plant
New Water Treatment Plant delivers higher quality and more economical water.
New Water Distribution System
The City’s residents enjoy high quality water that comes to them in a new and reliable distribution system.
Site Development, Utility Improvements
A multi-phase plan for infrastructure projects was developed for the City of Alton.
Health, safety and public welfare were all improved by this project.
DGR engineers helped L&O Power Cooperative improve communications on its electric transmission system using existing transmission lines, fiber and underground fiber line.
Rock Rapids, IA