City of Sioux City
Sioux City, IA
- New Ticket Booth – The City desired to use building year around with more space for gift shop and offices. The booth was relocated to provide more concourse area between grandstand to allow food trucks, etc. and improved pedestrian gathering and circulation.
- Lewis and Clark Parking Lot – Existing paving was deteriorated with poor drainage and was replaced with concrete paving. Landscaped islands were introduced to delineate Line Drive through the area. Staging of improvements was coordinated with IBP Ice Center who shares the parking as well as the Sioux City Explorer’s baseball team.
- Cone Park Parking Lot – New concrete parking was constructed to support the new Cone Park sledding, skating and splash
- Favorable weather conditions and motivated contractors allowed the project to be completed ahead of schedule.
- Site construction meetings every two weeks to keep project on schedule and task.
Parking Lot, Booth Improvements
The City prioritized many recent renovations and improvements to Lewis and Clark Park. The ticket booth, parking lot, concourse area, sidewalk/trails in the area were in need of replacement with improved drainage. Work began in 2019 with site improvements that included replacing the parking lot with over 700 parking stalls which was shared with IBP Ice Center. New storm sewer piping of over 2,300 linear feet and 25 storm intakes were included to accomplish the improved drainage on a very flat site. Expansive soils were treated with cement and all concourse, trails and sidewalks were placed on insulation board to help guard against frost heave. A bioswale with plantings was constructed to help filter out pollutants. New LED lighting was also provided.
A new larger ticket booth construction started in fall 2020 with the goal of providing a year-round facility to support staff and provide retail space in the gift shop. The new structure was located further away from the grandstands to provide more space for spectators to gather with vendors and to improve drainage.
Bids came in favorably for the Lewis & Clark Parking Lot Improvements, so the City decided to expand the project including additional parking improvements and paving for 130 additional parking stalls at Cone Park located just east of IBP Ice Center. Other improvements included storm sewer for drainage and LED lighting along with landscaped islands at end of stalls.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.