City of Sioux City
Sioux City, IA
- 2,000,000 gallon water storage tank with 32 legs
- 100% solids interior coating and fluoropolymer exterior coating
- Blasting debris and paint containment shroud
- Close coordination with antenna owners to maintain communication services during construction
- Challenging surface preparation and coating application to several structural steel members on the interior wet portion of the tank
- Representative dry film thickness testing 100,000 square feet of surface area
Water Storage Tank Repainting
The Morningside elevated water storage tank has been providing water service to Sioux City residents and businesses since 1958. DGR Engineering evaluated the condition of the existing coatings to determine an appropriate maintenance strategy. The selected strategy is expected to provide excellent corrosion protection to the structure for 25-30 years into the future.
The residential location of the tank caused the City to include a containment shroud as a project requirement. The shroud successfully prevented blasting debris and paint from drifting off-site to neighboring properties.
In just under four months, the tank was drained, sandblasted, and nearly 1,900 gallons of paint applied to over 100,000 square feet of surface area. The tank was then returned to service.
- Electrical Power
New Water Treatment Plant
New Water Treatment Plant delivers higher quality and more economical water.
New Water Distribution System
The City’s residents enjoy high quality water that comes to them in a new and reliable distribution system.
Site Development, Utility Improvements
A multi-phase plan for infrastructure projects was developed for the City of Alton.
Health, safety and public welfare were all improved by this project.
DGR engineers helped L&O Power Cooperative improve communications on its electric transmission system using existing transmission lines, fiber and underground fiber line.
Rock Rapids, IA