City of Sioux City
Sioux City, IA
- 2,000,000 gallon water storage tank with 32 legs
- 100% solids interior coating and fluoropolymer exterior coating
- Blasting debris and paint containment shroud
- Close coordination with antenna owners to maintain communication services during construction
- Challenging surface preparation and coating application to several structural steel members on the interior wet portion of the tank
- Representative dry film thickness testing 100,000 square feet of surface area
Water Storage Tank Repainting
The Morningside elevated water storage tank has been providing water service to Sioux City residents and businesses since 1958. DGR Engineering evaluated the condition of the existing coatings to determine an appropriate maintenance strategy. The selected strategy is expected to provide excellent corrosion protection to the structure for 25-30 years into the future.
The residential location of the tank caused the City to include a containment shroud as a project requirement. The shroud successfully prevented blasting debris and paint from drifting off-site to neighboring properties.
In just under four months, the tank was drained, sandblasted, and nearly 1,900 gallons of paint applied to over 100,000 square feet of surface area. The tank was then returned to service.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.