City of Luverne
- Decommissioning of existing industrial wastewater treatment lagoons
- Land application of industrial by-products solids
- Executed a Declaration and Covenants for the restricted area with approval from MPCA
- Successful negotiations with the MPCA to properly abandon the industrial lagoons in a timely manner
- Able to save the City in excess of $3.5 million to decommission the industrial lagoons in comparison to previous consultants estimate
Assisted the City of Luverne in abandoning the industrial wastewater treatment facility formerly owned by Iowa Beef Producers. The former treatment facility consisted of two anaerobic treatment lagoons, one anaerobic transition pond, two aerobic lagoons, and two stabilization ponds. Closure of the facility included land application of industrial by-products, abandonment of structures and piping, closure of monitoring wells, and documentation of closure activities and restrictive covenants.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.