City of Luverne
- Decommissioning of existing industrial wastewater treatment lagoons
- Land application of industrial by-products solids
- Executed a Declaration and Covenants for the restricted area with approval from MPCA
- Successful negotiations with the MPCA to properly abandon the industrial lagoons in a timely manner
- Able to save the City in excess of $3.5 million to decommission the industrial lagoons in comparison to previous consultants estimate
Assisted the City of Luverne in abandoning the industrial wastewater treatment facility formerly owned by Iowa Beef Producers. The former treatment facility consisted of two anaerobic treatment lagoons, one anaerobic transition pond, two aerobic lagoons, and two stabilization ponds. Closure of the facility included land application of industrial by-products, abandonment of structures and piping, closure of monitoring wells, and documentation of closure activities and restrictive covenants.
- Electrical Power
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Building and site demolition, utilities and grading, two site geothermal well fields, site work
Sioux City, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering (DGR) worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Fuel System, Terminal, Hangars
Design and construction services for support facilities at the new Sioux County Regional Airport.
Sioux County, IA