City of Luverne
- Decommissioning of existing industrial wastewater treatment lagoons
- Land application of industrial by-products solids
- Executed a Declaration and Covenants for the restricted area with approval from MPCA
- Successful negotiations with the MPCA to properly abandon the industrial lagoons in a timely manner
- Able to save the City in excess of $3.5 million to decommission the industrial lagoons in comparison to previous consultants estimate
Assisted the City of Luverne in abandoning the industrial wastewater treatment facility formerly owned by Iowa Beef Producers. The former treatment facility consisted of two anaerobic treatment lagoons, one anaerobic transition pond, two aerobic lagoons, and two stabilization ponds. Closure of the facility included land application of industrial by-products, abandonment of structures and piping, closure of monitoring wells, and documentation of closure activities and restrictive covenants.
- Electrical Power
Lift Station, Control Panel, Valve Vault
The SE Sanitary Sewer Extension project provided sanitary sewer service to a previously un-serviced area southeast of Dell Rapids, SD
Dell Rapids, SD
Two-phase, 3.16 mile recreational trail on the north and west side of Luverne.
The addition of these new lots gave the City of Minneota opportunity for growth and an increased tax base.
Coordination between multiple entities to create a mutually satisfying layout of buildings, parking area, utilities and street access was a main element of the planning process.
Sioux City, IA
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.