City of Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, SD
- Addition of three mainline 13.8 kV distribution circuits
- Circuits were built in underground fashion to increase reliability and improve aesthetics
- Coordinating with multiple City of Sioux Falls departments, other utilities, and railroad authorities
- Integrating traffic control provisions associated with construction in busy areas
- Responsibility and involvement in all phases of the project
Mainline Distribution Circuits
The project included the construction of three new mainline 13.8 kV circuits on the City’s distribution system to increase capacity and reliability. The circuits were built in underground fashion; two extending from the City’s substation near the airport to the downtown area, and one extending from the City’s substation near the airport to the event center. DGR services for this project included the initial study work, project development, engineering design, permitting, construction administration, and resident construction observation.
- Electrical Power
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Building and site demolition, utilities and grading, two site geothermal well fields, site work
Sioux City, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering (DGR) worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Fuel System, Terminal, Hangars
Design and construction services for support facilities at the new Sioux County Regional Airport.
Sioux County, IA