City of Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, SD
- Addition of three mainline 13.8 kV distribution circuits
- Circuits were built in underground fashion to increase reliability and improve aesthetics
- Coordinating with multiple City of Sioux Falls departments, other utilities, and railroad authorities
- Integrating traffic control provisions associated with construction in busy areas
- Responsibility and involvement in all phases of the project
Mainline Distribution Circuits
The project included the construction of three new mainline 13.8 kV circuits on the City’s distribution system to increase capacity and reliability. The circuits were built in underground fashion; two extending from the City’s substation near the airport to the downtown area, and one extending from the City’s substation near the airport to the event center. DGR services for this project included the initial study work, project development, engineering design, permitting, construction administration, and resident construction observation.
- Electrical Power
Lift Station, Control Panel, Valve Vault
The SE Sanitary Sewer Extension project provided sanitary sewer service to a previously un-serviced area southeast of Dell Rapids, SD
Dell Rapids, SD
Two-phase, 3.16 mile recreational trail on the north and west side of Luverne.
The addition of these new lots gave the City of Minneota opportunity for growth and an increased tax base.
Coordination between multiple entities to create a mutually satisfying layout of buildings, parking area, utilities and street access was a main element of the planning process.
Sioux City, IA
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.