City of Superior
• Individual septic tank with effluent pumps at each home
• Discharge effluent to City of Estherville 6 miles away
• STEP system design to eliminate need for main lift station
• Negotiated sewer rates as a bulk customer, with Superior’s rates tied to Estherville residential rates
• Continued operational support to assist new city staff after project completion
Low Pressure Collection System
Analyzed collection system alternatives and treatment alternatives. Designed a septic tank effluent pump (STEP) system for Superior’s residents. The STEP system reduced street surface disturbance and was lower cost than a gravity sewer system. The STEP system also eliminated need for a main lift station and backup generation.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.