City of Madison
- 10 MW Diesel Generation Plant
- Five 2,000 kW, 13.8 kV generator sets
- Combined generation plant and substation project
- The Responsibility and involvement in all phases of the project, from project feasibility to final testing and checkout.
- Designing both a generation plant and a substation into one project, in order that certain facilities could be shared and construction efficiencies could be realized.
- Design of a fully automated generation control system and interface with the City’s SCADA system.
The project included full services for the construction of a new generation plant and substation. Cost savings for the Owner were achieved by combining a substation project and a generation plant project, in order that shared facilities could be constructed.
DGR services for this project included project feasibility, environmental permitting, engineering design, material procurement, and construction administration.
- Electrical Power
DGR engineers helped L&O Power Cooperative improve communications on its electric transmission system using existing transmission lines, fiber and underground fiber line.
Rock Rapids, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Due to concerns with the age and condition of the structures, along with safety clearances to energized equipment and conductors, a project was undertaken to replace the old infrastructure with new underground lines and associated padmount equipment.
Redwood Falls, MN
Street & Utility Improvements
Morningside Avenue was reconstructed totaling approximately 1,300 linear feet. The project included new sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer, fiber conduits, decorative street lighting, and 9-inch concrete paving with colored concrete sidewalks.
Sioux City, IA
Wastewater Treatment Facility
The new plant, rated for 5.3 million gallons per day (MGD) peak day, doubles the capacity of its predecessor.
Planning started with site plan design for the new facility to offer maximum exposure to traffic on Highway 75.
Rock Rapids, IA