City of Madison
- 10 MW Diesel Generation Plant
- Five 2,000 kW, 13.8 kV generator sets
- Combined generation plant and substation project
- The Responsibility and involvement in all phases of the project, from project feasibility to final testing and checkout.
- Designing both a generation plant and a substation into one project, in order that certain facilities could be shared and construction efficiencies could be realized.
- Design of a fully automated generation control system and interface with the City’s SCADA system.
The project included full services for the construction of a new generation plant and substation. Cost savings for the Owner were achieved by combining a substation project and a generation plant project, in order that shared facilities could be constructed.
DGR services for this project included project feasibility, environmental permitting, engineering design, material procurement, and construction administration.
- Electrical Power
Coordination between multiple entities to create a mutually satisfying layout of buildings, parking area, utilities and street access was a main element of the planning process.
Sioux City, IA
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Building and site demolition, utilities and grading, two site geothermal well fields, site work
Sioux City, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering (DGR) worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Fuel System, Terminal, Hangars
Design and construction services for support facilities at the new Sioux County Regional Airport.
Sioux County, IA