Marshall Municipal Utilities
- 8 kV underground distribution system
- Multi-year, multi-phase project
- Increased system reliability through additional circuits and reduced exposure
- Responsibility and involvement in all phases of the project, from the initial study work to design and bidding and observation of the final construction.
- Coordination with multiple entities including City, County, and State authorities and other utilities.
- Addition of padmount capacitor banks to the system to replace overhead capacitor banks that were removed.
Electrical Distribution Conversion
The project included full services for the conversion of the utility’s distribution circuitry from overhead to underground. The conversion was completed in several project phases as part of a multi-year process. The project also included the construction of several new circuits that were integrated to new substations being built in the same timeframe. DGR services for the project included the reliability study work, preliminary planning, permitting, engineering design, material procurement assistance, construction administration, and resident project observation.
- Electrical Power
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Building and site demolition, utilities and grading, two site geothermal well fields, site work
Sioux City, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering (DGR) worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Fuel System, Terminal, Hangars
Design and construction services for support facilities at the new Sioux County Regional Airport.
Sioux County, IA