City of Estherville, Iowa
- 1,200 gpm gravity filter expansion / addition
- Bacteriological removal of ammonia
- Transfer pumps to above grade ground storage reservoir
- High service pumps to distribution
- Coordination of expansion while maintaining water treatment operation
- Managing gravity flow and adequate service to zeolite softening system
- Coordinate design to maintain system hydraulics
Water Treatment Plant Expansion
The City of Estherville operates an iron and manganese removal and zeolite softening facility. The plant had adequate softening capacity for growth, but had exceeded the rapid sand filtration capacity of the facility. The expansion was rated at 1,200 gpm and included the following work:
Construction of a water treatment plant expansion of 1200 gpm capacity, including concrete gravity filter cells, masonry building, yard and process piping, line shaft turbine high service and backwash pumps, horizontal split case transfer pumps, HVAC, electrical and control, site work and miscellaneous appurtenant work.
- Electrical Power
New Water Treatment Plant
New Water Treatment Plant delivers higher quality and more economical water.
New Water Distribution System
The City’s residents enjoy high quality water that comes to them in a new and reliable distribution system.
Site Development, Utility Improvements
A multi-phase plan for infrastructure projects was developed for the City of Alton.
Health, safety and public welfare were all improved by this project.
DGR engineers helped L&O Power Cooperative improve communications on its electric transmission system using existing transmission lines, fiber and underground fiber line.
Rock Rapids, IA