City of Hull
- Two multi-cell Submerged Aerated Gravel Reactor (SAGR) cells for ammonia removal
- Ultraviolet disinfection for E. Coli removal
- System designed to operate effectively during winter months.
- The system design utilized existing treatment components to save the City construction cost.
- The components are designed to work during cold winter months while minimizing operator time on site.
Wastewater Treatment Facilities
Designed a SAGR system to be utilized as a polishing step following the City’s aerated lagoon system. The system includes a synthetic liner, aeration lines, rock media, an insulating mulch layer, control structures, and related piping.
Following the SAGR system, a UV disinfection system eliminates bacteria. Also designed a standby generator and related system controls for the SAGR and UV equipment.
- Electrical Power
New Substation Construction
DGR assisted SMU in all aspects of the project, from initial evaluation, to design and financing, through final construction.
Turbine Control System Upgrade
The project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Building and site demolition, utilities and grading, two site geothermal well fields, site work
Sioux City, IA
Treatment Plant & Well Exploration
DGR Engineering (DGR) worked closely with OCRWS to design a new Water Treatment Plant to target iron and manganese removal from a shallow groundwater source near the site.
Fuel System, Terminal, Hangars
Design and construction services for support facilities at the new Sioux County Regional Airport.
Sioux County, IA