City of Estherville, Iowa
- New dual membrane digester covers on primary and secondary digesters w/ high velocity mixing system.
- Digester gas production and capture increase with equipment upgrade.
- Prioritizing plant improvements to existing equipment and infrastructure.
- Evaluation of treatment plant and analyzing available technologies to determine the best solution for the client.
- Determining necessary plant improvements not directly related to NPDES permit compliance.
Digester Improvements Project
Analyzed digester cover and mixing system alternatives due to condition of existing plant equipment. Selected cover and mixing system to best fit the City’s request for potential future digester gas re-use to reduce plant operational expenses. Dual membrane cover with high velocity nozzle mixing was selected based on life cycle analysis of alternatives.
Performed a plant evaluation of the existing equipment and infrastructure to prioritize improvements to the facility that will not affect potential future improvements to the facility to meeting compliance with the newly issued NPDES permit.
- Electrical Power
Box Culvert Bridge Replacement
DGR Engineering worked with the SWO and BIA staff to design an economically feasible replacement for the deficient bridge structure.
Northeast South Dakota
New Airport Development
DGR led the design and construction phase engineering for the development of a new $30 million airport. Tasks included all phases of design and construction engineering activities.
Sioux County, IA
Turbine Control System Upgrade
This project included full removal and replacement of the existing control panels within the turbine building control room.
Wastewater Treatment Facility
City of Orange City, IA prepared for the future by adding a mechanical treatment facility to meet both capacity and compliance.
Orange City, IA
Water System Expansion
Tremendous demand for new service connections made this expansion project the largest ever undertaken by Kingbrook Rural Water, Inc.